Thursday, May 13, 2010

Winter Trend 2010-Tartan, Checks and Plaids



Rag&Bone Winter 2009/2010



Marc Jacobs Winter 2009/2010

I was looking through Winter runway shows, searching for inspiration on what to wear this cold and rainy winter and I kept being drawn to the tartans, checks and plaids...and I began to think about what defines these three similar looking patterns.

I did a little on-line research and found this handy pattern glossery http://www.artlandia.com/wonderland/glossary/

Tartan-Woven plaids that consist of stripes of different widths and colours, that were originally patterned to designate a distinctive scottish clan




Plaid-
a design that consists of crossing bands or stripes of colour, almost always at right angles



Checks-a pattern of squares



I love tartans, checks and plaids for winter, they are so cosy looking and give any outfit an instant wintery feeling. Be careful of not looking overly sloppy tho, if your wearing a loose check shirt pair it with tailored bottoms and visa versa.

Here is some celebrity inspiration from the runway to everyday wear.

Gwen Stefani


Lindsay Lohan


Jessica Alba


Claudia Schiffer


Christina Aguilera

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with plaid coats this season. Stefani wears Houndstooth a lot, and I really like that print as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this plaid trend..This trend is really awesome..Fall Fashion trends winter deal with this type of trend

    ReplyDelete